I am the proud aunt of a fun, intelligent, ridulously cute four-year-old little boy. I am also a missionary. Obviously Connor won't be coming with me (yes, I asked...) so this is my way of including him in this journey. Of course there will be many Skype chats and the occasional visit back home. Connor, when you grow up, I hope you will know that I love you to tears and think about you every day!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dear Connor,

You are playing upstairs in your room and I'm in the living room soaking in the sound of your voice. I've had the great pleasure of spending lots of time with you in the last month on my way from Ecuador to Las Vegas. I've seen you growing up over Skype and the occasional visit home or family vacation in Texas or Florida, but nothing can take the place of your hugs and the feeling of your sweet hands on my face.

You keep asking me, "When are you going back to Ecuador?" One day, when you know where Ecuador is and you understand what missions is, you'll know a little better why I wasn't always here to play with you and make you breakfast and chocolate milk when your mommy was working. But I hope you will always know that I have loved you and prayed for you from that first day I met you in the hospital until today.

This morning you nestled into my arms, still in your pajamas, and whispered in my ear, "You know what? You're gorgeous!" And even though you didn't know, I needed encouragement this morning and your sweet words lifted my spirits.

You make us all so proud, every day.

Love,

Aunt Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment